If you’re interested in trying your luck at betting on football, there’s a few ways to go about it. First, it’s important to understand the different types of bets you can make. Here are some of the most popular and common with ecgma.co.za:
How to bet in football
- Moneyline: The simplest type of bet, here you simply pick the team/player you think will win.
- Point Spread: A financial equalizer in betting terms, the point spread measures how much one team is expected to win by. The favorite will have a negative number (e.g., -4) assigned to them and the underdog receives a positive one (e.g., +4). To win this type of bet, a bettor needs their chosen team or player to “cover” or beat the point spread they are given.
- Over/Under: This is another financial equalizer that predicts whether or not the combined score of both teams will be higher or lower than the Over/Under predetermined score set by oddsmakers before wagering begins.
- Parlay: A single bet which combines multiple bets in an effort to get higher odds than any individual bet could typically provide on its own.
- Prop Bets: Also known as “propositions,” these are individual bets which allow you to choose whether certain things will happen during a game such as which team scores first or who wins MVP honors.
These are only some of the options available so it pays to do your research before deciding what kind suits your betting style best.